Tuesday, April 3, 2012

After the diagnosis and treatment...

Hello
I just saw a friend of mine that has completed surgery, chemo and radiation for throat cancer. I just had to see for myself how he is doing. It is awesome to become a cancer survivor but the whole cancer experience lingers with many side effects. You are never the same person you were before the journey.  I must add that the experience does create some positive changes in your life but there is also that constant reminder that you are not invincible. The is always that little fear that the big C could return.
For me, personally, I look at my whole life as a journey that has many interesting twists and turns along the way. Pray, laugh and "dance like no one is watching". You have to make your life positive, have an inner peace and know that God is at your side each step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment