Friday, February 10, 2012

A friend of mine recently went through radiation, chemo and surgery for throat cancer. I needed to offer him my support but, also, offer him ways to cope through such a frightening experience. In doing so, I spent some time reflecting on my experience and how I was able to emotionally handle my cancer journey.

Here a few of my thoughts:
They doctors are on your side--they are NOT trying to kill you just the cancer cells so you can be healthy again

Faith and prayer REALLY do help you on your journey- with God you can achieve anything. Strength, courage and hope help you heal.

For me personally, I learned what is really important in life--friends and family.

I sometimes feel like I see the world through the eyes of a child as there is so much wonderment out there to appreciate. Flowers, vibrant colors, warm sunshine, the wind blowing through your hair, and the awesomeness of a rainbow.....I will stop here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment