Monday, February 27, 2012

Friendships.....

I never thought I would be using social media internet sites but in the last few weeks I have reconnected with 2 wonderful friends that mean so much to me that I had lost contact with. I have had lots of time on my hands on and off over the last few years so I started  thinking  about what and who is really important to me. I decided to look for 2 friends that had touched my life with their friendships.

Both friends I have known since  1979. I won't use their names but Mrs T and I are friends again. She is local so we will get to meet for lunch and a forbidden Dr Pepper. I have missed her and am so blessed to get to  have lunch with her. :)

Then.........a guy I used to work with that was my best friend. We have reconnected and it is awesome. He is happy in his life and lives with a wonderful woman. :) I feel like since my children are raised and taken care of I have more time for my friends.

Being a survivor intensifies the beauty of what is important in life. Find an old friend and do a random act of kindness --your life will be so enriched.

No comments:

Post a Comment