Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The lone orange gerber daisy.....

I have mentioned before that having cancer helps you allow yourself to look at the world through the eyes of a child. I had a huge garage sale last Saturday. I would estimate that 150 people came, it was chaotic but I did get rid of lots of stuff I just don't need anymore.

I have noticed in my run down flower bed that there has been 1 bright orange gerber daisy. It has been there for a week and no one has commented on it. A little girl in the midst of chaos at the sale noticed the flower. She told me mom to look at the beautiful flower. I, of course, was so touched! We are always or think we are always too busy to look around and appreciate God's gifts to us~a beautiful flower surviving alone in a run down garden persevered, stood high and offered beauty to everything around it. :) It only takes a minute to enjoy looking through the eyes of a child---so full of appreciation and wonderment.

No comments:

Post a Comment